High quality products and software are a hallmark of Dynamit. Developers at Dynamit are a diverse group with a broad range of skills. Our clients expect us to be able to speak to, look at and work with a myriad of different platforms. As a Senior NodeJS developer at Dynamit, you will focus primarily, but not exclusively on the NodeJS-based applications. You will work with designers, solutions architects, solution delivery managers, other developers, QA specialists, and even clients themselves to help deliver high quality applications that solve the business needs of the client. You will be expected to understand the problem being solved and be able to think critically about the solution to help deliver an excellent product.
- Review/interpret requirements
- Work with internal team and client to propose solutions
- Research platforms, tools and integrations
- Estimate development work
- Develop applications
- Maintain applications
- Test your own work and peer's work prior to handing off to QA
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years experience building rich data-driven web applications.
- Languages/Framework: NodeJS (required), other back-end experience in addition to NodeJS (e.g. .NET/PHP/Java) is recommended.
- Database: PostgreSQL (preferred), experience with at least on other database platform MySQL, SQLite, SQL Server is recommended.
- Front-end experience with ReactJS (preferred).
- Creating and documenting RESTful web services.
- Experience deploying large-scale NodeJS application on AWS, Heroku, or other cloud platform (preferred).
- Object-oriented development
- Formalized QA/testing and revision-based development
- Version Control using Git
- Experience accurately estimating development and/or project timelines
- Ability to write clear, web-standard, well documented code
- Track record working within team environment inclusive of designers, peer developers and business/requirements team
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with deadlines and high standards
- Experience implementing complex website and application interface designs
- Outstanding communication and listening skills - team and client
- Good time management skills
- A desire to improve
- An independent work ethic
- High interest in the field of web, technology, usability and design
- A passion for learning
Dynamit is an equal opportunity employer.Applicants must provide legal documentation of eligibility to work in the United States. Dynamit participates in E-Verify.