The Technical Architect is a multidisciplinary role that drives the technical design of software projects at Dynamit. Technical Architects are responsible for understanding current state system and application architecture, authoring detailed documentation outlining to-be system and application architecture , and overseeing the development of the solution. Architects at Dynamit are client-facing, serving the critical role of aligning solution feasible to an appropriately extensible technical solution that meets client business goals and project objectives. Architects identify, plan, and craft solutions in collaboration with Dynamit’s design and engineering teams.
- Solicit technical requirements and recommend appropriate technical architecture to satisfy those requirements based on the needs of the project.
- Attend client meetings; lead discovery process; gain knowledge of our clients' businesses; lead client presentations.
- Recommend detailed technical architecture based on the technical requirements and project constraints.
- Design and document logical data models, data flows, and class diagrams as needed to define a solution.
- Determine the entire breadth of a solution’s feature-set and break it down into functional components for use in all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Design and document detailed web service specifications/contracts for the solution being built.
- Review third party API/system documentation, identifying any questions and/or gaps, and provide recommendation for how to integrate.
- Work with cross functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the client’s business objectives can be achieved with the solution.
- Communicate functional and technical requirements to software development teams.
- Oversee solution development and verify the original specification is accurately implemented; Validate that software best practices are maintained.
- Solve technical problems as they arise during development.
- Be the owner of the technical solution; define what "should be;" share that vision with internal and external teams.
- Break development work out into easily manageable chunks that can then be assigned to various members of the development team.
- 5 more years of related work experience in a technical architecture, development lead, and/or technical/systems analyst role.
- A technical background with extensive experience building web-based and/or mobile applications.
- Ability to solicit technical requirements and review API/system documentation and recommend appropriately sized technical solutions.
- A strong attention to detail and experience in identifying, documenting, and planning for edge cases within a project.
- Prior experience defining user stories and detailed functional requirements.
- Working knowledge of SQL, database design/modeling, and relational databases.
- An understanding of web services, JSON/XML, and services oriented architectures (SOA).
- Comprehension of business process and the ability to define, communicate, and document them.
- Ability to understand complex system architecture and recommend modifications/changes to support the to-be solution.
- Ability to right-size a solution based on project constraints.
- Experience working closely with clients and leading the discovery process and client presentations.
- Experience identifying and mitigating risks that could affect project outcomes.
- An understanding of software development life-cycle (SDLC) and experience working in one or more software development methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with wireframing and/or prototyping.
- Experience with enterprise IT applications (ESB, MDM, Queuing, Data Warehousing).
- UML diagramming experience.
- Experience with infrastructure and networking.
- Agency and/or consulting experience.
Dynamit is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must provide legal documentation of eligibility to work in the United States. Dynamit participates in E-Verify.