Design influences and is accountable to all aspects of the work we produce with our clients. Concept, user experience, user interface and brand expression are all inbounds in the Dynamit design stack. At Dynamit, the Digital Art Directors will work closely with UX/UI Designers, under the guidance of the Creative Director, to lead the development and execution of our concept designs as well as advise and oversee their execution throughout the user experience documents and implementation phases. Digital Art Directors at Dynamit are responsible for understanding business problems and working with strategy, architecture and technology peers to solve them through designed solutions. Projects may include consumer-facing websites, properties and campaigns, web and mobile applications, internal tools and enterprise software. The following are expectations of all Dynamit associates that take on the role of Digital Art Director. While most of the behaviors relate to design work, there are many that revolve around internal and external communication, as well as time management and accountability.
- In a “hands on” role, create and oversee visual concepts and designs that communicate the outlined objectives and accurately represent and reflect the client’s brand.
- Design websites, web and mobile applications, digital collateral, email marketing campaigns, social media campaigns, and other promotional materials for our clients.
- Interpret strategy to determine direction for visuals.
- Consider usability and conversion best practices in all work.
- Work with UX/UI designers to ensure concept is executed throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions by contributing/generating ideas/concepts to meet client's objectives, strategies and needs.
- Ensure that all design work follows the clients determined guidelines and standards including all legal aspects (if applicable) are covered (Trademarks, branding, copyright, etc.).
- Present creative project recaps for all team members and leads on a project-by-project basis.
- Ensure management team is advised on all stages of project progress
- Collaborate with project management, account management, architecture, development, strategy, quality assurance and technology peers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 5+ years relevant design experience is required.
- Must have the ability to work in the conceptual, exploratory and everything from selling the idea to execution of the designs.
- Ability to deliver strong designs based on business requirements, brand and strategy.
- Experience with photography, video, and/or motion graphics is a plus.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including, but not limited to PhotoShop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Highly proficient with Sketch and various plugins as well as third party tools such as Zeplin and Abstract.
- Strong interest in current digital trends and best practices.
- Proven track record working within team environment inclusive of developers, peer designers, and requirements/analysts.
- Experience effectively communicating design strategy and approach to concept, user interface and user experience.
- Understanding of HTML, dHTML and cross-browser/platform parameters.
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Good time management skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-pace high pressure environment with deadlines and high standards.
Candidates must submit a link or portfolio as part of the interview process. Work submitted must be original work. A creative exercise used to measure competencies will be required for final candidates. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Dynamit is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must provide legal documentation of eligibility to work in the United States.